The South Florida Youth Summit is an annual, high impact youth conference. Over the course of 3 days, the Summit brings youth, parents, community leaders, and organizations in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties together for a series of events that encourage youth to bridge the gap between themselves and their communities.
The Summit is produced by a collaborative group of concerned community leaders and organizations who have joined forces to empower our youth to create solutions that directly address South Florida’s epidemic of youth violence, lagging graduation rates, increased childhood obesity, and STEM education. This merging of ideas, resources, and industries based on the principle of collaboration is a ground breaking initiative.
The Summit targets students in grades 6-12 and provides experiential learning in six (6) focus areas:
- STEM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics);
- Leadership Development;
- Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship;
- Financial Literacy;
- Childhood Obesity; and
- Youth Violence Prevention.
Four Basic Elements of the South Florida Youth Summit:
- Presentations: Nationally-recognized speakers will provide keynote address, and community experts will conduct break-out sessions on cutting-edge leadership development topics.
- Experiential Learning and Education Activities: Participants are given the opportunity to learn by doing which sparks interest and generates motivation to self-discovery.
- Networking Opportunities: Youth and adults are given opportunities to share ideas, have fun, and meet local industry leaders.
- Training Sessions: Participants learn strategies and methods to implement positive, productive activities in their schools and communities.
The South Florida Youth Summit is a program of L.E.A.D. Nation.