7th Annual South Florida Youth Summit
February 7, 2020 - February 8, 2020
LEAD Nation and our community partners are proud to announce our 7th Annual South Florida Youth Summit
Friday, February 7th — Saturday, February 8th | 2020
Target Audience: Middle School & High School
The South Florida Youth Summit is an annual, high impact youth conference. Over the course of 2 days, the Summit brings youth, parents, community leaders, and organizations in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties together for a series of events that encourage youth to bridge the gap between themselves and their communities.
The Summit is produced by a collaborative group of concerned community leaders and organizations who have joined forces to empower our youth to create solutions that directly address South Florida’s epidemic of youth violence, lagging graduation rates, increased childhood obesity, and STEM education. This merging of ideas, resources, and industries based on the principle of collaboration is a ground breaking initiative.
The Summit targets students in grades 6-12 and provides experiential learning in 5 focus areas:
- STEM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics);
- Leadership Development;
- Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship;
- Financial Education;
- Youth Violence Prevention; and
- Childhood Obesity.
Four Basic Elements of the South Florida Youth Summit:
- Presentations: Nationally-recognized speakers will provide keynote address, and community experts will conduct break-out sessions on cutting-edge leadership development topics.
- Experiential Education Activities: Participants are given the opportunity to learn by doing which sparks interest and generates motivation to self-discovery.
- Networking Opportunities: Youth and adults are given opportunities to share ideas, have fun, and meet local industry leaders.
- Training Sessions: Participants learn strategies and methods to implement positive, productive activities in their schools and communities.
The South Florida Youth Summit is a program of L.E.A.D. Nation.
Registration will open soon. Please check back for details.